The VP, Sales has overall responsibility for the style consultants and driving sales through improved practices, training, mentoring and recruiting. The VP, Sales will also identify business development opportunities and work in conjunction with the CMO and style consultants to implement these. This position will be part of Ellie Kai’s management team and has top-line responsibility for direct sales by the style consultants.
This is a “hands on" full-time, exempt role that reports directly to the CEO and manages one direct report (Executive Director, Training). Ellie Kai’s headquarters are in Boston, MA, and the VP Sales will need to travel there regularly. However, recognizing the travel involved in this role, the candidate does not need to be based in Boston.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Manage the field of style consultants (who are all independent contractors), including communication, training, recruiting and implementation of best practices
- Develop plans and strategies to deliver profitable growth, including increased recruiting in both existing and new markets
- Identify, assess and implement partnerships to further grow Ellie Kai brand and business
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting, while regularly analyzing KPIs to assess trends and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure appropriate infrastructure and systems exist to support the success of the style consultants
- Work closely with CMO and Executive Director, Training to improve the communication, training and other programs for the style consultants
- Establish strategic direction for the Style Consultant Leadership Team and empower the Executive Director, Training to be the primary liaison for this group
- Work with management team to create an annual, integrated calendar around sales, marketing and collection launches
- Provide market level feedback to management team regarding product and process to continually improve and evolve the customer experience
- Partner with management team to assess sample set strategies (e.g., set size, logistics of transferring sets, liquidation methods)
Keys to success:
- 10+ years managing a sales force (direct sales experience is a plus)
- Sales planning and execution experience
- Strong organizational, execution and communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to operate independently based on company objectives and meet all deadlines
- Belief in the integration of trunk shows, ecommerce and retail to best serve clients
- Willingness to travel ~50% of the time to attend shows and interact with style consultants
- Work as an ambassador in the field, including the ability to host at least one show per year
Please send resumes to or apply via LinkedIn.